Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 23, 2011

Almost a Birth Day!

I am sitting here resting.  It is late and way past my bedtime.  My bones and muscles feel weary.  Today I have wrapped the last of the presents, cleaned the house and prepared food to take to my moms tomorrow for Christmas Eve.  I have driven to the next town to pick up a pizza for dinner and back again, watched a movie with my husband and I have done 4 loads of laundry.  I have completed my Bible study as well as a little bit of exercise.  Now, I am watching my Christmas tree spin round and round on its base with its pretty lights and I think as tired as I am and as much as I would love to crawl into bed without washing off my makeup and brushing my teeth because I am just too tired.. how tired must Mary have been this very night so many years ago?  First of all the last trimester is really just not any fun at all as far as comfort goes anyway.  I can imagine that riding a donkey was not nearly as comfortable as my Camry.  No lumbar support there, no mam!  And as I sit here with my sweatshirt on and still covered in an afghan, I wonder, how cold was she on those dark nights traveling along?  She knew what was coming and had to be filled with anticipation but also as scared as any young new mother is.  We think so much about the birth of Christ as a baby being born and coming to save us all and although we hear the song "Mary, did you know?" how often do we STOP and really think about that?  About how she felt?  About her fears and concerns?  I think I would have been scared to death to be thinking that I, a nobody, would soon be birthing the King of the world...  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish to be a better mother but can you imagine the standard you would hold yourself to if you were the mother to the Savior?  Thinking about Mary and what she went through kind of makes my job seem a little easier.  We are getting close to the birth day and I am getting excited!  Although I sure do love my comforts,  I sure would have loved to have been there the day Jesus Christ was born!  Many blessings to you and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment