Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And It Is Gone...

So the minute the last Christmas present is opened and the paper is all cleared away... I am ready to begin taking down the Christmas decorations.  Have I mentioned that I am just a little OCD?  I am always very excited about putting up the decorations and want them up the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving.  We always go out of town for Thanksgiving so I want them up when we get home.  I don't want to come home from our trip and still have to put them up.  Also, it is a lot of work for such a short time so on the front end, I want as much bang as I can get for my buck, so to speak.  However, it all seems so "over" once the presents are finished.  The tree just doesn't seem pretty to me anymore without all of the presents piled under it and all around it.  So on Christmas Day we go to my in-laws and we are always really late getting home but the very next day I am driving my husband crazy to help me clear things out.  He usually procrastinates until I reach the point of trying to stuff the tree into the box and trying to hold it together and tape it and then he knows that he is either going to have to do it or it is going to be done wrong.. he may be a little OCD too, but not as bad as me. At this point, I desert him and do other things so he can be left to drag the box up the stairs.  Isn't that sweet of me?  And then we have to try to cram 2 Christmas tree boxes and 5 plastic tubs into a space the size of 2 adult bodies.  It isn't pretty because we are tired after days of running from house to house and eating too much and spending too much....  but once all of those decorations are put away and I clean everything up and vacuum up all the little needles, I can sit and look at my freshly cleaned house with a new appreciation and it. feels. good.

No comments:

Post a Comment