Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year? Yes Please!

I have been thinking a lot lately.  That could be a bad thing considering I don't really feel like I have the brain cells to do that anymore.  However, I do have "heart cells" and heart cells is what this kind of thinking requires. My life needed an evaluation.  I feel like I am wasting time.  I only have this one life to live and what am I doing with it?  Am I using it wisely?  I am thinking .. not!  I am not a person who makes resolutions for the New Year but this year I felt compelled to.  The reason that I don't is because I don't want to feel like a failure when it hits about mid-January and I have already bombed at everything on my list.  However this year I have been under major conviction to make this list.  I also was under conviction to make my kids make a list but they weren't falling for it so that still hasn't happened.  My list is this...

1.More in-depth Bible study daily.
2.Pour more into my marriage, children, family, friends and youth.
3.Less TV/computer, more God/people.
4.List blessings and God moments daily.
5.Exercise.


I tried to keep my list simple and short so I wouldn't get overwhelmed.  (It was a lot longer and I had to work on it to condense it)  Honestly, I am feeling pretty good about it because other than the exercise I am doing fairly OK so far.  Could I do better?  Absolutely!  But couldn't we always do better?  The fact is that I am trying.  I am a work in progress.  But most importantly I am already doing better than I was last year!  I am reading my Bible every day and actually studying it.  I am listing my blessings.  I am talking to others about Christ daily (trying to include strangers into this mix-at least one a day).  I am working on limiting my computer time, which is more of a challenge to me than the TV so I can spend more time with people.  Do I have a long way to go?  Oh, do I!  But by the end of 2012 I hope to have made a radical change!  I want to be that person that spends my days loving on people.  I am called to do that, this I know.  Find what you are called to do in 2012 and do it!  No time to waste!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent list!!!! Seek Him first and all these things will be added to you!!! Proud of you....one day at a time :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete